The cost of medical treatment is constantly rising while many people are living longer and developing chronic illnesses. Many seniors are facing complications with their Medicare coverage, which results in shrinking coverage options. To get around this, many seniors are forced to find Medicare supplements to help them cover the cost of medical treatment so that they can maintain their quality of life.
Medigap is a Medicare supplement insurance policy that allows seniors to cover medical costs excluded from their Medicare coverage. As an insurance expert, we offer the coverage to seniors so that they can continue to get the medical coverage they deserve. The insurance policy helps them cover deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance.
Eligibility and Restrictions for Medigap Insurance Coverage
Like Medicare, seniors must meet certain qualifications in order to be eligible for the coverage:
- Medigap insurance is available for seniors who have both Medicare Part A and B
- Medigap only covers one person on a policy
- You can’t have both Medigap coverage and the Advantage Plan. You have to cancel your Advantage Plan coverage before starting your Medigap coverage
- Your Medigap coverage is an additional cost to you, beyond the premium you pay for your Medicare Part B coverage
- Prescription drug coverage isn’t provided in the new Medigap insurance coverage
- You can renew Medigap insurance coverage without concerns about your existing health problems that you are facing
- You can’t sell your Medigap coverage
- You can purchase Medigap from an independent insurance agent like Maury Donnelly & Parr, Inc
We are here to answer any questions you have about purchasing Medicare supplemental insurance. When you are ready, contact us about your coverage options.